2017 31.39 grams Canada Under the Sea - Sea Star .9999 Silver Coloured Proof Coin
Beneath the ocean waves lies a hidden realm filled with enchantment and wonders of all shapes and sizes. Chief among them is the sea star, a salt-water dweller with a distinctive appearance that makes it easily recognized in rocky tidal pools and beaches along Canada's vast coastline. It is the star element on your pure silver coin that features stunning colour, detailed engraving, and beautifully sculpted glass.
A gorgeous coin you need to see to believe! Order today!
- SECOND IN SERIES! Your coin is the second of three 99.99% pure silver coins in an exquisite series called Under The Sea, which features some of the marvels found in Canadian waters! Subscription of all three coins is still available, subscribe today!
- STUNNING GLASS SEA STAR! The sea star-shaped glass element is the result of a laborious handcrafted process in which different colours of glass rods (stringers) are layered and fused together to form a colourful mosaic that reveals the final image when sliced, also known as a mosaic murrini. Despite its delicate appearance, the glass sea star is sculpted from borosilicate glass, which is highly resilient yet lightweight.
- EACH GLASS PIECE IS A UNIQUE PIECE OF ART! The handcrafted nature of both the murrini element and its glass enclosure make each coin unique.
- ARTFULLY INTEGRATES THE ILLUSION OF WATER! In the background, the coin's silver surface is artfully integrated to create the illusion of water, while the eye-catching colour adds vibrancy to the engraved design.
- AN ARTISTIC COLLABORATION! Your coin was the collaboration of two artists! The pure silver coin was designed by Canadian artist Maurice Gervais, while the glass embellishment was handcrafted by Canadian glass artist Loïc Beaumont-Tremblay!
- ONE-OUNCE 99.99% PURE SILVER COIN! Your coin is GST/HST exempt!
- LOW MINTAGE: Only 7,500 coins will be made available worldwide. Hurry and order yours today before they are all gone!
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins. Most of these are serialized certifications, meaning that each certificate is given a unique number, starting at 1.
Designed by Canadian artist Maurice Gervais, your coin explores the colourful life found in the shallow waters off Canada's coast. The application of bright coloured enamel over meticulous engraving recreates the otherworldly appearance of the grasses, corals and sponges in this intertidal zone. On the left, a handcrafted embellishment by Canadian glass artist Loïc Beaumont-Tremblay contains a sea star-shaped mosaic murrini element. The mosaic-based approach to this glass art technique lends itself well to recreating the colour and texture of the sea star's spiny, calcified skin that provides it with a measure of protection against certain predators. The murrini piece is itself protected by the resilient glass enclosure sculpted from borosilicate glass.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
|Manufacturer||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Series||Under the Sea|
|Box & Certificate||Yes|