2016 1 oz Britain Queen's Beasts - The Lion of England .9999 Gold Coin
Subscribe to back in stock notificationSubscribe
The first release in an exciting new series! The Queen’s Beasts celebrates the British Monarch and the centuries of fascinating heraldry that has been a part of their story.
- Ships in Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
- Individual coins ship in flips, lots of 10 ship in mint tubes.
- Consists of one troy ounce of .9999 fine gold.
- Bears a face value of £100 (GBP) backed by the government of Britain.
- Features the British heraldic shield on the reverse.
- Queen Elizabeth II’s all-new effigy.
The Queen’s Beasts bullion coins not only provide a new option for those looking to invest, but the range also includes a two-ounce silver coin – the first time an official two-ounce United Kingdom bullion coin has been struck.
The coins will each depict one of the The Queen’s Beasts, reimagined by Royal Mint Coin Designer Jody Clark. Jody also created the latest definitive coinage portrait of The Queen to appear on United Kingdom coins. His bold interpretations of the Lion of England is the first coin to be released.