2017 8 gram Britain Beatrix Potter - Benjamin Bunny .925 Silver Proof Coin
Unlike the previous four books that grew from Beatrix’s private letters, ‘The Tale of Benjamin Bunny’ was written from scratch. In this sequel to ‘The Tale of Peter Rabbit’, Benjamin hops to his cousin’s assistance, venturing into Mr. McGregor’s garden to retrieve the clothes Peter lost in his first adventure. The tale was such a great commercial success that wallpaper featuring Benjamin was released soon after the book was published.
This is the first official United Kingdom coin to feature Benjamin Bunny. The character is instantly recognisable, with his oversized tam-o’-shanter hat and bright red handkerchief highlighted by colour printing and enhanced by the coin’s Proof finish. The coin has been struck in 925 sterling silver and comes in a clear acrylic presentation case with a booklet on Benjamin and his adventures.
- The final coin in the Beatrix Potter 2017 Collection
- The first and only official UK coin to feature Benjamin Bunny
- Struck in 925 sterling silver and finished to Proof standard
- Enhanced by colour printing
- Endorsed by Frederick Warne & Co (a Penguin Random House company)
|Box & Certificate||Yes|