2018 1oz Australia Dragon and Tiger Silver Coin (NGC MS70 First Strike)
In Chinese culture, the dragon is revered as a divine mythical creature embodying power, wealth and good fortune. Dragons are frequently depicted in pursuit of the flaming pearl, a metaphor for wisdom and enlightenment, which is often represented swirling through mist, smoke and shadows. Like the dragon, the tiger is considered a lucky animal and has been held in awe for centuries. The pattern on the forehead of a tiger is very similar to the Chinese character for “king” hence it has become a symbol of bravery and power.
In feng shui, the dragon and the tiger are considered perfect matches for one another. According to the traditional Chinese philosophical account of natural balance and interdependence, the tiger is ‘yin’, or female energy, and the dragon is ‘yang’ (male).
The follow-up to the Perth Mint’s wildly successful 2017 Dragon and Phoenix release, the 2018 Australia Tiger and Dragon One-Ounce Silver Coin has a worldwide mintage of just 50,000 – a mintage that has been announced as a complete sell-out at the mint! In addition, your coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) condition. NGC has also certified your Tiger and Dragon Silver Coin as being among the first 593 pieces struck by the mint! Each coin will come sonically sealed in a protective capsule with a special brown label that states the size of the “first struck” edition.
- UNIQUE DESIGN WITH SYMBOLIC MEANING – The coin’s reverse depicts a dragon, a tiger and a flaming pearl. In Chinese culture, dragons are often depicted in pursuit of the flaming pearl, a metaphor for wisdom and enlightenment. The tiger is held in deep respect and considered to be the perfect match for the dragon – together they represent symbol for yin and yang. The coin’s obverse features the Ian Rank-Broadley portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN PURE SILVER – These Dragon & Tiger Silver Coins have been struck in one ounce of 99.99% silver.
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL-TENDER COINAGE – Each Dragon & Tiger One-Ounce Silver Coins are $1 legal tender in Australia.
- GRADED IN PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2018 Tiger and Dragon One-Ounce Silver Coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
- KEY FIRST STRUCK CERTIFICATION – NGC has also certified your Tiger and Dragon One-Ounce Silver Coin as being among the first 593 pieces struck by the mint! Each coin will come sonically sealed in a protective capsule with a special brown label that states the size of the “first struck” edition.
- SOLD OUT LIMITED EDITION – The maximum worldwide edition limit for the 2018 Australia Tiger and Dragon One-Ounce Silver Coin has been set at just 50,000 – an edition limit that is completely sold out at the mint!
|Manufacturer||The Perth Mint|
|Series||Chinese Myths and Legends|
|Box & Certificate||No|