2019 1 oz Australia Wedge Tailed Eagle .9999 Silver Coin BU
The Sixth Issue of a Historic Series
In 2014, John Mercanti and the Perth Mint made numismatic history with the introduction of the Wedge-tailed Eagle Series. That was the first time that a former Chief Engraver of the United States Mint partnered with a foreign mint on a coin. That partnership produced what immediately became a favorite issue among collectors. Since then, Mercanti's initial design was repeated on the second issue and a second design appeared on the third and fourth issues.
- SIXTH ISSUE IN THE WEDGE-TAILED EAGLE SERIES – This 2019 is the sixth issue in this extraordinarily popular series.
- 99.99% Fine Silver -- Each 2019 Wedge-tailed Eagle coin was struck from one ounce of 99.99% fine silver at the Perth Mint, which is represented by a "P" mint mark on the right side of the reverse. The Perth Mint is revered by collectors throughout the world for the consistent, outstanding quality of its coins.
- New Design -- The new and unique design will only be used once for the 2019 edition's reverse image
- AUSTRALIA LEGAL TENDER – Each 2019 Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle is one dollar legal tender in Australia, as noted on the obverse below Ian Rank-Broadley's portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- A LIMITED MINTAGE -- This mintage will only no more than 50,000 pieces worldwide.
The bald eagle has long appeared on American coins, so John Mercanti, who created the eagle design that has appeared on the Silver Eagle since the coin's debut in 1986, was a natural fit to design a coin celebrating Australia's largest bird of prey, the wedge-tailed eagle. Mercanti's skill in design and engraving and the Perth Mint's exceptional production quality combined to bring about this beloved series.
Add this beautiful coin to your cart today!