2019 2 oz Australia Wedge Tailed Eagle .9999 Gold Proof High Relief Coin
The Wedge-tailed eagle is Australia's largest bird of prey and one of the biggest eagles in the world. It Named for its long, distinctively shaped tail. It mainly found throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania, and southern Papua New Guinea.
The bird’s characteristic tail is visible even when gliding thousands of metres above the ground. The Wedge-tailed eagle is able to fly tirelessly for hours on end, it frequently reaches altitudes of more than 2,000 metres and has been recorded soaring as high as 6,800 metres above the ground.
Main features of the coin:
- The coin is struck from 2 troy ounces 99.99% pure gold in high relief condition
- It is issued as legal tender under the Australian Currency Act 1965.
- Low mintage: No more than 250 pieces will be released worldwide.
- The coin was designed by John Mercanti, the coin’s superb high relief reverse depicts a magnificent wedge-tailed eagle in flight with wings fully extended and stylised rays of sunlight in the background. It also includes the inscription AUSTRALIAN WEDGE-TAILED EAGLE, the 2019 year-date, the coin’s weight, and fineness and The Perth Mint’s ‘P’ mintmark.
- Coin’s obverse: depicts the Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
|Box & Certificate||Yes|