2021 1 oz Australia AC/DC .999 Silver Frosted Uncirculated Coin
Subscribe to back in stock notificationSubscribe
Australian rock legends AC/DC sang that money talks. And now music fans can own an electrifying limited edition silver coin showcasing songwriter and led guitarist Angus Young in full flight.Inspired by the cover artwork of some of their most popular and iconic albums this coin will be highly sought after by rock'n'roll fans and gift buyers.
Feburary 2020 marks 45 years since Australian rock sensation AC/DC released their debut album High Voltage, which was recorded in 10 days between gigs. It peaked at number seven on Australian music charts and went five times platinum.
The Band's secound album T.N.T also clocks up its sapphire anniversary at the end of the year along with Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap in 2021.
Meanwhile, 2020 marks 40 years since the release of Back in Black and 25 years since the band made Ballbreaker. Next year it will be the ruby anniversary of the album For Those About to Rock (We Salute You).
- Limited mintage of 30,000
- Australian legal tender, denomination $1
- Coin's obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, as designed by Jody Clark
- Numbered presentation case with printed certification
- The design is inspired by the original art from album covers
- The coin showcases band co-founder, songwriterand lead guitarist Angus Young
- The coin features the iconic parrot from the Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap cover, the cannon from the For Those About to Rock (We Salute You) album,barbed wire from the High Voltage cover and a plank of wood from theT.N.T album.
|Manufacturer||Royal Australian Mint|
|Box & Certificate||Yes|