2021 1/4 oz Australia Lunar Series III - Year of the Ox .9999 Gold Proof Coin
Subscribe to back in stock notificationSubscribe
The second year of The Perth Mint’s highly anticipated Australian Lunar Series III is marked by the release of stunning 1oz, 1/4oz and 1/10oz gold proof quality coins portraying the next animal in the zodiac, the ox.
Those born under the sign of the Chinese lunar ox in 2021, 2009, 1997, 1985, 1973 and every 12th preceding year are said to be kind, intelligent, honest and reliable. Admired for their strong work ethic, logical mindset and calm demeanour, they are recognised as great leaders.
Each coin is presented in a prestigious red display case with a magnetic lid. Adorned with gold lettering and a geometric design, the case is packaged in a beautifully illustrated shipper portraying the story of how the ox became the second animal in the zodiac, and is accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
The shippers of future animals in the Lunar Series III will, when arrayed together, form a diorama depicting the ancient myth of The Great Race, which tells how the zodiac came into being.
- Australian legal tender
- Second year release in the Lunar Series III featuring the Year of the Ox
- 1/4oz of 99.99% pure gold in proof quality
- Only 3,000 in this presentation format
- Comes in presentation display case with numbered certificates of authenticity
- Reverse portrays a stylised representation of an ox among bamboo stalks. Also included in the design is the Chinese character for ‘ox’, the inscription ‘OX 2021’ and The Perth Mint’s ‘P’ mintmark.
- Obverse depicts the Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the weight and fineness, and the monetary denomination.
|Manufacturer||The Perth Mint|
|Mintage||5,000 (Only 3,500 in this presentation format)|
|Series||Australian Lunar Series III|
|Box & Certificate||Yes|