2021 1 oz Australia Brumby .9999 Silver BU Coin
LPM Exclusive - The Australian Brumby
In colloboration with The Perth Mint, LPM is proud to present the second release in the Australian Brumby series limited to a low mintage of just 25,000 coins.
- Second release in the series
- Low mintage of just 25,000 coins
- Struck from 1oz of 99.99% pure silver and issued as legal tender under the Australian Currency Act 1965.
- Reverse design portrays a magnificent leaping brumby among steep outcrops. The design includes the inscription ‘AUSTRALIAN BRUMBY’, the Perth Mint’s ‘P’ mintmark, the weight and fineness and the 2021 year-date also appear in the design.
- Obverse design: bears the Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Each coin’s reverse includes a security feature in the form of a micro-laser engraved letter within the design. It is only detectable under a magnifying glass.
- Presented in an acrylic capsule.
More About the Brumby
According to tradition, when soldier and pastoralist James Brumby was transferred from Sydney to Van Diemen’s Land in 1801, he was forced to release a number of horses into the bush. Known as Brumby’s horses and later as ‘brumbies’, the word came to mean wild horses.
Mobs of brumbies that most famously roam the Australian Alps today are descended from lost, abandoned or escaped horses that in many cases belonged to early British settlers like Brumby.
Wild, independent, and successfully inhabiting a hostile environment, the brumby has become a national icon seen by many as symbolic of our national character.
|Manufacturer||The Perth Mint|
|Inner Packaging||Sealed Roll of 20|
|Outer Packaging||Box of 100|
|Box & Certificate||No|