2021 1 oz Australia Southern Skies .9999 Gold BU Coin
The Beneath the Southern Skies series is symbolic of Australia’s foray into decimal coinage in 1966. The series comprises of precious gold and silver investment coins
featuring a simple yet striking design. Following the series’ first release in 2020, the 2021 $100 1oz Gold Investment Coin and 2021 $1 1oz Silver Investment Coin design is quintessentially Australian and includes a map of Australia and the Southern Cross, inspired by one of Stuart Devlin’s original sketches. The coins also feature New South Wales’ animal emblem, the platypus, in place of Sydney.
Devlin, commonly regarded as the father of Australia’s modern currency, designed Australia’s first decimal coinage and these coins reimagine one of Devlin’s original sketches more than 50 years ago. The gold and silver investment pieces also pay tribute to the Royal Australian Mint’s award-winning Southern and Northern Sky series. Part of an ongoing series, these coins will be coveted by domestic and international collectors alike.
- Gold coin crafted entirely from ethically produced Australian gold
- Gold coin protected by three-tier security using proprietary technology
- Gold coin minted to 99.99% purity and the Mint’s first silver coin to be minted to 99.99% purity
- Brilliant uncirculated finish and Australian legal tender
- Quintessentially Australian design, featuring a map of Australia,Southern Cross constellation and platypus
- Obverse features Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II effigy
- Gold coins are encapsulated and shrink wrapped into towers of 10 units.
- Silver coins are packed in tubes of 25 units and housed in monster boxes storing 20 tubes.
|Manufacturer||Royal Australian Mint|
|Series||Beneath the Southern Skies|