2021 1 oz Tuvalu Gods of Olympus - Hades .9999 Gold BU Coin (Certificate #2)
THE RETURN OF A CLASSIC
In 2014, The Perth Mint released its first ever antiqued coins in the Gods of Olympus series. The coins were incredibly popular and immediate sell-outs. To pay homage to a product that popularised the antiqued finish, the iconic Gods of Olympus returned in 2020 in an all-new bullion series. In 2021, the legacy continues with the second release of the series featuring Poseidon.
In ancient Greek mythology, Hades was worshipped as the God of the Underworld and the ruler of the dead.
Historically, Hades was often depicted sitting on his ebony throne with Cerberus, the three-headed watchdog by his side. He was also known to wear a helmet of invisibility given to him by the Cyclops to help in the battle against the Titans. His name is said to mean ‘invisible’ or ‘unseen’ and the underworld which he ruled over was also called Hades.
- Third release in the series
- In Brilliant Uncirculated Finish
- Limited mintage of just 100
- Contains 1 oz of 99.99% pure gold
- Tuvalu Legal Tender
- Comes with certificate of authenticity #2
- Reverse: depicts Hades sitting on his throne made of bones and skulls wearing his invisibility helmet. He is accompanied by Cerberus, the three-headed watchdog. The design includes the inscription HADES and The Perth Mint’s ‘P’ mintmark.
- Obverse: portrays the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary denomination and the 2021 year-date.
|Manufacturer||The Perth Mint|
|Series||Gods of Olympus|
|Box & Certificate||Certificate Only|