2021 1oz Australia Wedge Tailed Eagle 9999 Gold High Relief Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin (NGC P70 FDI with Mercanti Signature)
First-Ever Reverse Proof Wedge-Tailed Eagle
Introduced in 2014, the Wedge-Tailed Eagle series is the world’s first collaboration by a former U.S. Mint Chief Engraver and a foreign mint. This 2021 release marks the very first Enhanced Reverse Proof Wedge-Tailed Eagle, as well as the first-ever Enhanced Reverse Proof coin struck by Australia’s world-renowned Perth Mint.
New One-Year-Only Design
Struck in one ounce of 99.99% pure gold, this coin’s one-year-only design is yet another incredible masterpiece from John Mercanti, 12th Chief Engraver of the U.S. Mint. The $100 Australian legal-tender coin displays a wedge-tailed eagle as it attacks its prey, clutching a snake in its talons. The design takes on an even more exciting appearance thanks to the series’ first-ever High Relief Enhanced Reverse Proof finish. High relief coins feature deep, concave fields, allowing the design to pop even more spectacularly from the surface. And the coin’s Enhanced Reverse Proof finish features a frosty field and a variety of polished and frosted finishes on the design.
Perfect Condition From the Start of the Mint Run
What’s more, this 2021 Australia One-Ounce Gold Wedge-Tailed Eagle High Relief Enhanced Reverse Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections — showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has certified that this Wedge-Tailed Eagle is a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, meaning it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date. Collectors seek out these coins because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later. Also, the population of coins labeled First Day of Issue is only a fraction of the total mintage.
Hand-Signed By A Coin Legend
To top it off, each coin available in this offer has been sonically sealed in an acrylic holder and encapsulated with a label personally signed by the great John Mercanti. A giant in the numismatic world, Mercanti has produced more coin and medal designs than any person in U.S. Mint history!
This is a magnificent coin that’s sure to soar to a place of honor in your collection. However, with a limited worldwide mintage of just 500, there are few of these coins to go around to everyone who would like one. Make sure you’re one of those lucky few and reserve this coin to your cart today!
- FIRST-EVER ENHANCED REVERSE PROOF WEDGE-TAILED EAGLE – These High Relief proofs feature an Enhanced Reverse Proof finish, which displays a variety of mirrored and frosted finishes. This is a FIRST in the Wedge Tailed Eagle Proof Series ONE-YEAR-ONLY DESIGN – 2021’s one-year-only design is the sixth design from John Mercanti. It shows the Wedge Tailed a snake grasped in its talons. The coin’s obverse features a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE GOLD – Each Australia Gold Wedge-Tailed Eagle High Relief Enhanced Reverse Proof available here has been struck in a full ounce of 99.99% pure gold.
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL TENDER – These One-Ounce Gold Wedge-Tailed Eagle High Relief Enhanced Reverse Proofs are $100 legal tender in Australia and measures 27.6 mm in diameter.
- PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2021 Australia One-Ounce Gold Wedge-Tailed Eagle High Relief Enhanced Reverse Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that your Wedge-Tailed Eagle is a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, independent authentication that your coin was released by the mint during the premier day of the series’ issue.
- SIGNED BY A COIN LEGEND – Each coin available in this offer will come in an acrylic holder with a label personally signed by the legendary John M. Mercanti, the U.S. Mint’s 12th Chief Engraver!
- LOW WORLDWIDE LIMITED MINTAGE – The worldwide limited edition for the 2021 Australia One-Ounce Gold Wedge-Tailed Eagle High Relief Enhanced Reverse Proof has been set at just 500.
Australia’s 2021 One-Ounce Gold Wedge-Tailed Eagle High Relief Proof is here — and it’s the first to feature an Enhanced Reverse Proof finish! Secure it now in Proof-70 Ultra Cameo First Day of Issue condition with a label signed by the coin’s designer, former U.S. Mint Chief Engraver John Mercanti!