2021 1oz Great Britain The 50th Anniversary of Mr Men Little Miss- Mr. Happy .999 Silver Coloured Proof Coin (Coin 1)
This year marks 50 years since Yorkshire-born copywriter Roger Hargreaves was inspired by his son to create one of the world’s most popular children’s book series: Mr. Men Little Miss. The inspiration came in the form of a simple question: what does a tickle look like? The answer was Mr. Tickle, who is now one of more than 90 characters in an ever-growing collection read in multiple languages in more than 24 countries around the world.
Today, the Mr. Men™ and Little Miss™ characters are illustrated by Roger’s son, Adam, and continue to go from strength to strength. Featuring on just about everything, from clothing to biscuits, now, for the first time, the Mr. Men and Little Misses will appear on a series of UK coins produced by The Royal Mint.
Each coin in the Mr. Men three-coin series is available as a one ounce and quarter-ounce gold Proof edition, one ounce and half-ounce silver Proof edition, and UK £5 Brilliant Uncirculated edition.
- Limited Edition 6500
- Celebrate a British phenomenon
- Features Mr. Happy – one of the first Mr. Men characters created by Roger Hargreaves
- The reverse has been exclusively designed by Roger Hargreaves' son, Adam Hargreaves – the main author and illustrator of Mr. Men Little Miss
- Struck in 999 fine silver
- Finished to Proof standard
|Manufacturer||The Royal Mint|
|Series||The 50th Anniversary of Mr Men Little Miss|
|Box & Certificate||Yes|