2021 28.28 g Great Britain The 50th Anniversary of Mr Men Little Miss- Mr. Happy Cupro-Nickel Coin(Coin 1)
This year marks 50 years since Yorkshire-born copywriter Roger Hargreaves was inspired by his son to create one of the world’s most popular children’s book series: Mr. Men Little Miss. The inspiration came in the form of a simple question: what does a tickle look like? The answer was Mr. Tickle, who is now one of more than 90 characters in an ever-growing collection read in multiple languages in more than 24 countries around the world.
Today, the Mr. Men™ and Little Miss™ characters are illustrated by Roger’s son, Adam, and continue to go from strength to strength. Featuring on just about everything, from clothing to biscuits, now, for the first time, the Mr. Men and Little Misses will appear on a series of UK coins produced by The Royal Mint.
Each coin in the Mr. Men three-coin series is available as a one ounce and quarter-ounce gold Proof edition, one ounce and half-ounce silver Proof edition, and UK £5 Brilliant Uncirculated edition.
- The first time Mr. Men Little Miss characters have appeared on UK coins
- A fantastic gift for Mr. Men Little Miss fans
- Features Mr. Happy, one of the earliest and most popular Mr. Men characters
- The reverse was designed by Adam Hargreaves, Roger Hargreaves’ son and the main author and illustrator of Mr. Men Little Miss
- Finished to Brilliant Uncirculated standard
|Manufacturer||The Royal Mint|
|Series||The 50th Anniversary of Mr Men Little Miss|
|Box & Certificate||Yes|