The Great Engravers Collection from The Royal Mint celebrates some of the most iconic coin designs in numismatic history.
The collection continues with the first coin based on the Gothic Crown – William Wyon RA’s career masterpiece. First issued in 1847, it was so popular that most Victorian numismatists collected them straight from the Bank of England as soon as they were issued.
Featuring the reverse design created for the Gothic Crown, the coin displays a quartered shield design that has a long tradition in British numismatics. Inspired in part by the Scottish artist William Dyce RA, the design represents a stylistic departure for Wyon and is indicative of the wider artistic movement known as the Gothic Revival, which was highly fashionable at the time. This release will be followed by a second coin featuring the obverse design that adorns the original Gothic Crown – an ornate portrait of Queen Victoria.
• 5oz silver proof and 2 kilo silver proof are LPM exclusive products
• Own a modern interpretation of Wyon’s classic design
• Available in extremely limited numbers
• Own one of the world’s most beautiful coin designs
• Celebrate one of the greatest artists to have worked on British coinage
• All the previous releases in the collection have sold out