2021 1oz St Helena The Queen's Virtues - Victory .9999 Gold Proof Coin
The first coin in this magnificent series represents Victory, perhaps one of the most prominent virtues a Monarch can behold. Defined as the success or triumph of overcoming an enemy, Victory is a key element in both Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth II’s reign. Victory signals the end of conflict and a celebration of peace. The Queen as Sovereign is Head of the Armed Forces and is still the only person able to formally declare war and more crucially, an end to conflict.
Inspired by the six virtues found on the Victoria Memorial situated outside Buckingham Palace, our first design in the series features a detailed depiction of the allegorical figure Victory, carrying in her hand the victors palm and surrounded by the text VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT (Victory through Harmony).
- First in a new series
- Limited mintage: No more than 250 pieces will be available worldwide
- Finished in proof quality with each containing 1 troy ounce of .9999 pure gold
- Comes in elegant presentation case with numbered certificate of authenticity
- Coin's obverse: Shows the fifth portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II along the face value of 5 pounds, the date of issue (2021) and issuing authority (St Helena)
- Coin's reverse: Features a design inspired by the six virtues found on the Victoria Memorial
|Series||The Queen's Virtues|
|Box & Certificate||Yes|