2022 1 oz South Africa Krugerrand .999 Silver Proof Coin
Struck for the first time on 3 July 1967 with the aim of marketing South African gold, this legend in the coin industry was conceived when the concept of a legal tender gold coin linked to the daily gold price was introduced in South Africa.
The effigy of Paul Kruger, the first President of the Zuid Afrikaansche Republiek (ZAR) is depicted on the obverse. The reverse was originally designed and engraved by the famous sculptor, Coert Steynberg, and features one of South Africa’s national animal, a Springbok.
This is the sixth year release for the 1oz Silver Proof Krugerrand and the coin will be capped at a mintage of 20,000.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a display box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of 20,000 coins only.
- Obverse: Likeness of Paul Kruger, South Africa’s first and only president, along with “South Africa” in Afrikaans and English.
- Reverse: A Springbok antelope, the national animal of South Africa, along with the year of minting, face value and Silver weight.
- Minted at the South African Mint.
|Manufacturer||South African Mint|
|Box & Certificate||Yes|