For Valentine's Day, celebrate puppy love with silver coin commemorating Disney's popular feature film, Lady and the Tramp. These special coins have a mintage of only 15,000 and feature a memorable scene from the movie.
Based on the story "Happy Dan, The Cynical Dog" from a 1945 Cosmopolitan Magazine, the Lady and the Tramp is a love story between a Cocker Spaniel named Lady and a mutt named Tramp. The well-known film was released in 1955 by Walt Disney. In the popular film, Lady is from an upper-middle-class home while Tramp is only a stray mutt. As a new baby arrives in Lady’s home followed by her owners’ vacation, Lady must adjust to Aunt Sarah and her Siamese cats. As Lady transitions from a beloved pet to an outcast in her own home, she catches the attention of Tramp.
The most memorable scene of the film occurs when Lady, having been rescued from a muzzle put on by Aunt Sarah, is shown by Tramp how to live collar-free. Tramp takes Lady to a local Italian restaurant where the owner, upon seeing the two dogs together, puts together a candle-lit dinner in the back alley with spaghetti and meatballs for them. This scene is now represented in Silver as the two dogs eat from the same noodle, turning into an accidental kiss.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of 15,000 coins worldwide!
- Coin comes in protective packaging. Multiples of 20 come in plastic tubes. Multiples of 200 come in Monster Boxes.
- Obverse: Features the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II surrounded by the country and face value.
- Reverse: Displays an officially licensed image of the famous spaghetti scene from Disney's Lady and the Tramp. Also included are the metal content, purity, and Disney copyright for further authentication.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Niue government and officially licensed by Disney.
This limited mintage coin celebrates a Disney classic from everyone’s childhood. Add this 1 oz Silver Lady and the Tramp coin to your cart today!