2022 5oz Australia Wedge Tailed Eagle 9999 Silver Coin (NGC PF70 FDI Mercanti Signature)
Australia’s 2022 Wedge-Tailed Eagle Is Ready To Dive Into Your Collection
2022 brings us a new design in the Wedge-Tailed Eagle Series. The ninth year since its introduction in 2014, and the seventh design from John Mercanti, the now-retired 12th Chief Engraver of the United States Mint, shows Australia’s largest bird of prey in a majestic side profile calling with his beak open. This series from the Perth Mint is a collectors-favorite, both for the incredible Mercanti designs and for its numismatic importance as the first-ever collaboration between a former U.S. Mint Chief Engraver and a foreign world mint.
New Mercanti Design Is An Instant Classic
Like past year’s releases, this 2022-dated coin is struck in eight full ounces of highly pure 99.99% silver. It continues the series of the Perth Mint’s modern-day masterpieces with a Mercanti design that features a close-up profile of the Wedge Tailed Eagle as we’ve never seen him before, displaying a stunning side profile of the magnificent bird with his beak open as he makes a high-pitched “Peal Call” announcing that humans are near. The image is truly the prefect blend of design, precious metal, and collector appeal. What’s more, these have been struck in amazing Ultra High Relief! The die used to strike the amazing detail was designed to produce a deep, concave field upon the surface of the coin for maximum contrast with the devices. This relief not only towers above the coin’s surface but creates a stunning effect to Mercanti’s new 2022 Wedge Tailed Eagle design.
Flawless Proofs From Among The First Issued
Plus, each coin available in this offer comes in gorgeous Proof condition crafted from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields! In fact, each 2022 Five-Ounce Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle available here has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Company (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections—showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! In addition, NGC has certified each coin available in this offer to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, a designation that means they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date.
As a final added touch, each coin available in this offer will come sonically sealed in a museum-quality acrylic holder and encapsulated with a label displaying the Australian Flag and personally signed by John Mercanti! A giant in the numismatic world, Mercanti has produced more coin and medal designs than any person in U.S. Mint history.
- NEW ONE-YEAR-ONLY DESIGN – The 2022 Australia Wedge-Tailed Eagle’s new one-year-only design is the creation of former United States Chief Engraver John Mercanti and depicts a close-up, side profile of the majestic Wedge Tailed Eagle. The coin’s obverse features a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER– Each 2022 Wedge-tailed Eagle coin was struck in stunning Ultra High Relief from eight ounces of highly pure 99.99% silver at the Perth Mint, which is represented by a “P” mint mark on the left side of the reverse. The Perth Mint is revered by collectors throughout the world for the consistent, outstanding quality of its coins.
- AMAZING ULTRA HIGH RELIEF – The Perth Mint struck this coin in Ultra-High Relief. The die was designed to create a deep, concave field upon the surface of a coin for maximum contrast with the devices.
- AUSTRALIA LEGAL TENDER – Each 2022 Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle is eight dollars legal tender in Australia and measures 50.9 mm in diameter.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2022 Five-Ounce Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Company (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified your Five-Ounce Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, independent authentication that your coin was released by the mint during the premier day of the series’ issue.
- SIGNED BY JOHN MERCANTI – Your coin will be sonically sealed in an acrylic holder and encapsulated with an Australian Flag label that was personally signed by the legendary John M. Mercanti, the U.S. Mint’s 12th Chief Engraver!
- A LIMITED MINTAGE – Although this series has become a favorite among collectors, this mintage will consist of just 1,000 five-ounce silver proofs.
The release of the 2022 Five-Ounce Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle Ultra High Relief Proof is a major numismatic event, one that collectors, silver stackers and fans of John Mercanti’s work will all be vying to secure. Don’t miss your chance to acquire this fabulous coin. Order yours now!