2022 1oz Canada Ultra High Relief Maple 9999 Silver Reverse Proof Coin
The first SML engraved in ultra-high relief. Order today!
For 2022, the Royal Canadian Mint is elevating a classic to new heights by introducing the first ever ultra-high relief Gold Maple Leaf (GML) and Silver Maple Leaf (SML) coins. Crafted in 1 oz. of 99.99% pure silver, this SML coin features the iconic design that embodies the pride and beauty of Canada. But by adding more height—and as a result, more dimension—Walter Ott’s inspiring maple leaf also represents the spirit of innovation and the ability to broaden our horizons by building on a tradition of excellence
The reverse features Walter Ott’s iconic design for the Silver Maple Leaf (SML) coin, a collector favourite since 1988. Resplendent in a reverse proof finish, the sugar maple leaf is struck in ultra-high relief with a peak height of 1.4 millimetres. The reverse includes the engraved words “CANADA” and “FINE SILVER 1 OZ ARGENT PUR”, and the purity standard of “9999”.
The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- THE FIRST UHR SML! This is the first ultra-high relief (UHR) Silver Maple Leaf (SML) coin issued by the Royal Canadian Mint. Crafted in 1 oz. of 99.99% pure silver, this captivating collectible offers a more dimensional view of the SML’s namesake leaf than ever before.
- ULTRA HIGH! The reverse features a peak relief height of 1.4 mm—a feat made possible by the creation of a new coin blank that offers the same precious metal content and affordability as a standard 1 oz. SML, but also allows the sculpted art to reach new heights.
- A SPECIAL TOUCH! The relief was sculpted by retired RCM Senior Engraver Susan Taylor, who worked under the tutelage of the late Walter Ott, RCM Master Engraver and creator of the GML/SML design.
- REVERSE PROOF FINISH! Set against a frosted field, the ultra-high relief dazzles thanks to a mirror-like shine that reflects maximum light.
- A BELOVED DESIGN! The SML is one of our most popular annual offerings and it tends to sell out quickly. Mintage is limited to 7,000 worldwide, so don’t miss out—order yours today!
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
|Manufacturer||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Box & Certificate||Yes|