2022 France Great American Seal 999 Gold and Silver Coin (NGC PF70 FDI)
Thomas Jefferson Declares That America Is Open For Business!
The 250th Birthday of the United States of America will be here before you know it. It’s just four years away and if you wait too long, you’ll miss out on some of the most prized and exclusive releases leading up to America’s big day on July 4, 2026. Among those being released in 2022 are a series of coins celebrating the famous Peace and Commerce Medal conceived by Thomas Jefferson in 1792 that were given away as gifts to foreign diplomats. The original medals were in a very real sense Jefferson’s declaration that America was open for business. They featured his vision of peace and commerce in America: an allegory depicting a seated Native American woman taking a cornucopia from the outstretched hand of Mercury, who symbolizes trade. The design is completed by the key July 4, 1776 date engraved in Roman Numerals: “IV JULY MDCCLXXVI”—the birthdate of the United States!
FOUND: The Original Lead Dies!
The original lead die used to create the medals resides within the vaults of the Paris Mint where it was dusted off to use a reference for this special anniversary release dedicated to the birth of the United States! Just like the original medal, the obverse of these 2022-dated silver and gold coins depicts the Great Seal of the United States. Produced in extremely limited quantities, these coins pay homage to one of the most patriotic pieces ever struck in the name of American Liberty—created at the encouragement of Thomas Jefferson, the author of the Declaration of Independence and one of the greatest of the Founding Fathers!
Historically Significant Coins Available For Only A Limited Time
The new, 2022 issues available here are not only part of a major coin program celebrating the Semiquincentennial of the United States, but they also commemorate the 230th Anniversary of Jefferson’s Peace and Commerce Medal. Those historically significant medals from 1792 were brought to life by famous French sculptor and engraver Augustin Dupre, and numismatists believe that just eight bronze medals were ever struck and only two gold medals ever saw the light of day. So rare were these medals that just 80 years after those few scant pieces were produced, NONE of the original medals could be found!
Incredible High Relief Reverse Proof Detail
Here you can secure the silver & gold two-piece set that include a legal-tender 25 Euros coin struck in two ounces of highly pure 99.9% fine silver and a legal-tender 200 Euros coin struck in a full ounces of 99.9% pure gold. These commemoratives are also Reverse Proof coins. The opposite of a regular proof that features frosted details rising over mirror-like fields, Reverse Proof coins are crafted from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce mirror-like details rising over frosted fields. They were also struck with incredible High Relief detail that towers above the coin’s surface—just like the original medal struck 230 years ago!
Perfect Proofs From Among The First Issued!
What’s more, each coin available here has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Company (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means that these perfectly-graded coins have ZERO imperfections—showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has furthered certified that these proofs are First Day of Issue (FDI) coins, a designation that means they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date.
- HONORING FRENCH SUPPORT OF AMERICA WITH DESIGNS ENVISIONED BY THOMAS JEFFERSON – These coins celebrate more than 250 years of French support for America’s Founding Fathers during the Revolutionary War era. They feature designs originally conceived by Thomas Jefferson that show the Great Seal of the United States on the obverse and an allegorical representation of Peace and Commerce in America on the reverse presented by a seated Native American woman taking a cornucopia from the outstretched hand of Mercury, who symbolizes trade.
- RESTRUCK USING THE ORIGINAL DIES – The original “Peace and Commerce” medals were struck by the famous Monnaie de Paris (The Paris Mint) for America to give away to foreign diplomats as gifts. The original dies now reside within its vaults. Those two-centuries-old dies were referenced to produce new dies for this special program.
- STUNNING HIGH RELIEF DETAILS – The designs on these Great Seal of the United States coins are even more spectacular thanks to stunning High Relief detail that adds an almost three-dimensional look to the coins.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – These Great Seal of the United States High Relief Silver Coins were struck by The Paris Mint in two ounces of highly pure 99.9% fine silver and one of ounce of 99.9% pure gold.
- REVERSE PROOF COINS – The opposite of a regular proof that features frosted details rising over mirror-like fields, Reverse Proof coins are crafted from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce mirror-like details rising over frosted fields.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – The Two-Ounce Silver Great Seal of the United States High Relief Reverse Proof Coins are 25 Euros legal tender in France and measure 41 mm in diameter. The One-Ounce Gold Great Seal of the United States High Relief Reverse Proof Coins are 200 Euros legal tender in France and measure 34 mm in diameter.
- PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Each coin in your 2022 France Silver & Gold Great Seal of the United States High Relief Reverse Proof Two-Piece Set has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Company (NGC) in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that your proofs are First Day of Issue (FDI) coins, independent authentication that they were released by the mint during the premier day of the series’ issue.
- EXTREMELY LOW LIMITED MINTAGE – The maximum worldwide mintage for the 2022 France Two-Ounce Silver Great Seal of the United States High Relief Reverse Proof was set at just 1,000 and only 250 one-ounce coins have been authorized.
To celebrate the upcoming 250th Birthday of the United States of America, France, one of America’s staunchest allies, is issuing a series of legal-tender gold and silver coins based on historic medals struck during America’s Revolutionary War era! Don’t miss you chance to miss this limited edition 2022 Silver & Gold Great Seal of the United States High Relief Reverse Proof Two-Piece Set.
|Metal Content||Gold & Silver|