2022 China Panda 999 Gold and Silver Panda Prestige Set - Shenzhen (NGC MS70 FDI – Signature Edition)
2022 Marks 40th Anniversary Of China’s Popular Panda Series!
Just as the United States has mints in Philadelphia, Denver, San Francisco and West Point that strike a portion of a coin’s overall mintage, China spreads its coins between several mints. The difference is that China does not add mint marks to its coins! It is only through a careful screening process that tracks which coins come from which mint that experts can determine the mint of origin — a process we have perfected through our close relationship with mint officials!
Each coin available in this offer bears a label that identifies China’s Shenzhen Mint as its mint of origin. And in this offering, you have the opportunity to get a complete set of Gold Pandas in a spectacular 5-Coin Prestige Set! This set contains a 30-gram, 15-gram, 8-gram, 3-gram and 1-gram Gold Panda for a total of 57 grams of highly pure 99.9% gold. Each coin is official legal tender in the People’s Republic of China with denominations of 500 Yuan, 200 Yuan, 100 Yuan, 50 Yuan and 10 Yuan. These gleaming coins also feature the newest one-year-only design in the Panda series:
Special Privy Mark Celebrates 40th Anniversary Of China’s Panda Series
First released in 1982 and building in popularity every year since, the China Mint’s Panda series is now among the most popular on the planet. To mark the 40th Anniversary of the series in 2022, China is adding a special “40” privy mark to the coins that superimposes a tiny panda face inside the numeral for a unique mark that sets this year’s coins apart from all other years!
One-Year-Only Design Is Third Year Of “Series Within A Series”
The new 2022 design was created by Chinese coin designer Huang Qin. Ms. Huang’s design for the 2022 Panda coin features a pair of playful young Panda cubs gleefully sliding down a snowy hill. The privy mark appears to the left side of the design between the two cubs. This is the third year of the China Mint’s 10-year “series within a series” where collectors get to watch a Panda grow from a cub to adulthood. The obverse displays the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests located in Beijing’s Temple of Heaven. It is encircled by the phrase “People’s Republic of China” in Chinese along with the 2022 year date.
Flawless Proof Pandas From Among The First Issued
The magnificent design is made even more adorable thanks to the skill and craftsmanship of the China Mint’s artisans. In fact, these coins are so pristine that each has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coins will have ZERO imperfections — showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! In addition, NGC has certified that these Gold Pandas are First Day of Issue (FDI) coins, a designation that means they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date.
To top it off, each coin has been sonically sealed in an acrylic capsule with a white display core and encapsulated with an exclusive label personally signed by designer Huang Qin Ms. Huang is renowned within the numismatic community for her numerous Chinese commemorative coin designs — one of which won a Coin of the Year (Coty) award for “Best Gold Coin.”
This set will also come with a 30g silver panda with FDI label.
High Demand For Panda Coins Inside China Makes These Coins Difficult To Acquire
Since 2016, China’s legendary Gold Pandas have been issued in metric weights, setting themselves apart from other gold coins minted around the world. In addition, simply acquiring one of these coins can be extremely difficult due to the fact that demand for them within China’s borders is extremely intense, making them harder to find outside of the country. And on top of that, mintages for these coins have been slashed by the China Mint, meaning hundreds of thousands of collectors may be left empty-handed!
No matter what your reasons are for collecting these fabulous coins, now is the time to bring a 2022 China Gold Panda home to your collection!
- A HEARTWARMING ONE-YEAR-ONLY DESIGN! – This year’s Gold Panda design features a pair of Panda cubs sliding down a snowy hill. This delightful one-year-only image is the third year in a 10-year “series within a series” that chronicles a Panda’s growth from a cub to adulthood!
- MINT-IDENTIFYING LABELS – This collection includes a 5-coin set from China’s Shenzhen Mint and each coin comes encapsulated with an exclusive mint-identifying label.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE GOLD – Each Gold Panda coin in the Prestige Set has been struck in highly pure 99.9% gold — a total of 57 grams of pure gold.
- LEGAL TENDER IN CHINA – These coins range in denomination from 10 Yuan all the way up to 500 Yuan and are legal tender in the People’s Republic of China.
- PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Each Gold Panda coin in this 5-Coin Prestige Set has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that these 2022 Gold Pandas are First Day of Issue (FDI) coins, independent authentication that they were released by the mint during the premier day of the series’ issue.
- SIGNED BY THE DESIGNER – Your coins will come sonically sealed in acrylic holders with white display cores and encapsulated with mint-identifying labels that were personally signed by artist Huang Qin, the designer of the 2022 Panda coins.