2021 1 oz Tuvalu Gods of Olympus - Zeus .9999 Gold Coin BU (Certificate #3)
THE RETURN OF A CLASSIC
In 2014, The Perth Mint released its first ever antiqued coins in the Gods of Olympus series. The coins were incredibly popular and immediate sell-outs. To pay homage to a product that popularised the antiqued finish, the iconic Zeus design returned in 2020 with a first ever dual release by The Perth Mint in a 1oz silver format in BU and antiqued finish. In 2021, Zeus returns for the first time in gold in this limited 1oz format!
In ancient Greek mythology, Zeus was worshipped as the supreme ruler of Mount Olympus and the Pantheon of gods that lived there. He was the god of the sky and weather, law, justice, morals and fate, and the spiritual leader of both gods and men.
Zeus seized control from the Titans and divided the universe between his siblings. Zeus took control of the heavens, Poseidon the sea, and Hades the underworld.
- First in a new series
- First gold release in the series
- In Brilliant Uncirculated Finish
- Limited mintage of just 100
- Contains 1 oz of 99.99% pure gold
- Comes with certificate of authenticity #3
- Tuvalu Legal Tender
- Reverse: depicts a bearded Zeus rising up into a stormy sky wielding his thunderbolt and sceptre with an eagle flying above his shoulder. The design includes the inscription ZEUS and The Perth Mint’s ‘P’ mintmark.
- Obverse: portrays the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary denomination and the 2021 year-date.
|Manufacturer||The Perth Mint|
|Series||Gods of Olympus|
|Box & Certificate||certificate only|