2018 1 oz Britain Queen's Beasts - The Unicorn of Scotland .9999 Gold Coin
Subscribe to back in stock notificationSubscribe
To celebrate each of the fascinating Queen’s Beasts, the Royal Mint is set to issue the fourth coin of the series – Unicorn of Scotland. The famous Royal Mint coin designer Jody Clark, who created the iconic portrait of Queen Elizabeth II which has been widely engraved on many bullion coins, continues to make an impact on the UK coin history and recreates the image of the ten Queen’s Beasts representing the genealogy of Queen Elizabeth II.
The Queen’s Beasts were originally designed by James Woodford who was given the privilege by The British Ministry of Works. They were made as statues standing guard at the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II in 1953 outside Westminster Abbey and were relocated after the ceremony and now can be found at the Canadian Museum of History. Each of them represents different heraldic stories associated with the ancestry of the Queen.
- 4th Issue of the Queen’s Beast Series by Royal Mint
- Contains 1 troy Oz .9999 Gold
- 10 in a tube.
- Obverse : the portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
- Reverse : symbolic Scotland Unicorn from one of 10 Queen’s Beasts
- Fully backed by the British government with the face value of 100 Pounds
- Designed by Jody Clark who also created the iconic portrait of The Queen on many countries’ coinage
The Launch Schedule of Queen’s Beasts
- I. The Lion of England
- II. The Griffin of Edward III
- III. The Red Dragon of Wales
- IV. The Unicorn of Scotland
- V. The Black Bull of Clarence
- VI. The Falcon of the Plantagenets
- VII. The Yale of Beaufort
- VIII. The White Lion of Mortimer
- IX. The White Horse of Hanover
- X. The White Greyhound of Richmond
|Box & Certificate||No|