2018 26.7grams Canada Lunar Year of the Dog .9999 Silver Proof Lotus Coin
According to the Chinese zodiac, 2018 is the year of "Man's most loyal friend!". Those born under the sign of the Dog are loyal guardians and friends who are honest, kind and eternally compassionate. Oftentimes, they're bundles of energy; but they're also known for showering family and friends with kindness, support and love.
Celebrate this bighearted soul in your life—and all who are born under this sign—with a one-of-a-kind collectible that includes magnolia blossoms to highlight the Dog's noble traits!
- POPULAR LUNAR SERIES! Your coin is part of our popular Lunar series featuring coins of the Chinese zodiac; 9th coin in this series of 12 coins.
- MIRROR BACKGROUND! Your coin features a dog design over a mirror background! Move the encapsulated coin in your hand and watch how the mirror background and finishes on the dog catch and reflect the light! Stunning!
- A PERFECT GIFT FOR SOMEONE BORN IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS: 1910, 1922, 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006…and now 2018!
- LUCK AND FORTUNE FOR THE WHOLE YEAR! The mintage of 18,888 is in keeping with the number "8" as a symbol of good luck in Chinese culture!
- INCLUDES DOG CHINESE CHARACTER! Your coin design features the engraved Chinese character for dog.
- MAGNIFICENT PACKAGING! Each encapsulated coin is housed in a satin-like covered case with a custom red sleeve—an auspicious colour for good fortune!
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins. Most of these are serialized certifications, meaning that each certificate is given a unique number, starting at 1.
- PURE SILVER! Your coin is crafted from 99.99% pure silver with a beautiful proof finish!
- GST/HST EXEMPT! Your coin is GST/HST exempt.
The reverse commemorates 2018 as the Year of the Dog with a design that emphasizes the noble character of its animal representative. Viewed in side profile, the dog is the very image of a faithful protector and courageous companion as it looks beyond the coin's scalloped rim. Beneath its muzzle lies the engraved Chinese character for "dog," while the timeless beauty of magnolia blossoms adds an ornamental flourish to the left side of the coin. These ancient blooms are far more symbolic, however, for they represent nobility and purity, and are a fitting floral tribute to a sign associated with some of humanity's more virtuous qualities. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Did you know…
- If you were born under the sign of the Dog, your lucky numbers are 3, 4 and 9!
- According to the Chinese zodiac, the Dog is most compatible with the Rabbit (those born in 1915, 1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, 2011). The least compatible signs are believed to be the Dragon, the Goat and the Rooster.
- The Dog's lucky colours are red, green and purple.
- Magnolias are a symbol of nobility and purity, and have been cultivated for thousands of years. In ancient China, the magnolia symbolized feminine beauty.
- People born in January or February should consult the Chinese lunar calendar, since the lunar New Year falls on a different day each year. This celebration is better known as the Spring Festival and coincides with the first day of spring—a date that shifts from year to year depending upon the lunar cycle and solar year.
Your coin is encapsulated and housed in a silver satin-like covered case with a custom red sleeve.
|Manufacturer||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Box & Certificate||Yes|