2020 2 oz Australia Brumby .9999 Silver High Relief Proof Coin
LPM Exclusive - The Australian Brumby
First in a New Series
In colloboration with The Perth Mint, LPM is proud to present the first proof release in the Australian Brumby series limited to a low mintage of just 1,000 coins.
- First proof release in the popular Brumby series
- Low mintage of just 1,000 coins
- Struck in high relief proof finish from 2ozs of 99.99% pure silver and issued as legal tender under the Australian Currency Act 1965.
- Reverse design: portrays the brumby as a magnificent, unfettered beast, galloping with abandon through water. The Perth Mint’s ‘P’ mintmark, the weight and fineness and the 2020 year-date also appear in the design
- Obverse design: bears the Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Each coin comes in an elegeant presentation case with a certificate of authenticity
More About the Brumby
According to tradition, when soldier and pastoralist James Brumby was transferred from Sydney to Van Diemen’s Land in 1801, he was forced to release a number of horses into the bush. Known as Brumby’s horses and later as ‘brumbies’, the word came to mean wild horses.
Mobs of brumbies that most famously roam the Australian Alps today are descended from lost, abandoned or escaped horses that in many cases belonged to early British settlers like Brumby.
Wild, independent, and successfully inhabiting a hostile environment, the brumby has become a national icon seen by many as symbolic of our national character.
|Manufacturer||The Perth Mint|
|Box & Certificate||Yes|