2020 3 oz Palau DOT Art Series -Tree of Life 999 Silver Proof Coin
A complete new series with designs composed out of DOT art & Pointillism is brought to life in this first issue featuring the Tree of Life.
Pointillism / DOT art is a technique of painting in which small, distinct dots of color are applied in patterns to form an image. Georges Seurat and Paul Signac developed the technique in 1886, branching from Impressionism. The term "Pointillism" was coined by art critics in the late 1880s to ridicule the works of these artists, but is now used without its earlier mocking connotation. The movement Seurat began with this technique is known as Neo-impressionism. The Divisionists used a similar technique of patterns to form images, though with larger cube-like brushstrokes.
- First coin in the DOT Art series
- Contains 3ozs of .999 fine silver
- Unique minting technique unlike anything seen before!
- Low mintage of just 333 pieces
- Comes with presentation case & numbered certificate
- Smartminted relief on 65mm
|Series||Dot Art & Pointillism|
|Box & Certificate||Yes|