2018 8 gram Britain Beatrix Potter - Peter Rabbit .925 Silver Proof Coin
When The Royal Mint created a collection of 50p coins to celebrate the birth of Beatrix Potter in 2016, it’s perhaps not surprising that Peter Rabbit was one of the most popular coins in the series. Since then, Peter Rabbit has been depicted in a different scene each year, followed by characters from the tales on their own coins. Peter Rabbit appeared in the first of Beatrix Potter’s little tales and his daring adventures set the scene for the stories that would follow. The love of these ‘small books for small hands’ has been passed down through generations of readers, and are as popular as ever across the world today.
The Peter Rabbit design for 2018 is of the famous image of Peter Rabbit munching on radishes taken from Mr. McGregor’s garden. The iconic illustration is brought to life with colour printing on this sterling silver coin, which is finished to our finest Proof standard. Each coin comes in a clear acrylic presentation case for safekeeping and is accompanied by information on the character and quotes from Beatrix’s original tales.
- Struck in sterling silver and finished to our finest Proof standard
- Peter Rabbit is enhanced by bright colour printing
- Presented in a clear acrylic case for display and safekeeping
- Limited to just 35,000 editions
- Struck in silver – a traditional gift for birthdays and christenings
- Endorsed by Frederick Warne & Co. (a Penguin Random House company) the original publishers of Beatrix’s work
- Maximum of 3 per household
**This product does not ship within Hong Kong.
|Box & Certificate||Yes|