2021 1 oz Tuvalu Gods of Olympus - Poseidon .9999 Silver BU Coin
THE RETURN OF A CLASSIC
In 2014, The Perth Mint released its first ever antiqued coins in the Gods of Olympus series. The coins were incredibly popular and immediate sell-outs. To pay homage to a product that popularised the antiqued finish, the iconic Gods of Olympus returned in 2020 in an all-new bullion series. In 2021, the legacy continues with the second release of the series featuring Poseidon.
In ancient Greek mythology, Poseidon was worshipped as the God of the Sea.
Historically, Poseidon was always portrayed as a mature man with a fully-grown beard, and equipped with his best known weapon, the trident, which he used to shake the earth, shatter rocks and create storms, causing devastating earthquakes and tsunamis. His other symbols include a bull, dolphins, horse and fish.
Poseidon was one of six children and the second of three brothers, Zeus, Poseidon and Hades, born to Rhea and Cronus, the ruler of the Titans. Having overthrown their father, the three brothers divided the universe between them. Zeus took control of the heavens, Poseidon the sea, and Hades the underworld.
- Second release in the series
- Dual release from The Perth Mint (available in BU and Antiqued finish)
- In Brilliant Uncirculated Finish
- Limited mintage of just 13,500!
- Contains 1 oz of 99.99% pure silver
- Tuvalu Legal Tender
- Reverse: depicts a bearded Poseidon riding the waves on his chariot pulled by two hippocampi, clutching his trident, with dolphins porpoising in the background. The design includes the inscription POSEIDON and The Perth Mint’s ‘P’ mintmark.
- Obverse: portrays the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary denomination and the 2021 year-date.
|Manufacturer||The Perth Mint|
|Series||Gods of Olympus|
|Inner Packaging||Sealed Roll of 20|
|Outer Packaging||Box of 100|
|Box & Certificate||No|