2021 1 oz Australia's Most Dangerous - Great White Shark .999 Silver Coin BU
In collaboration with The Royal Australian Mint, LPM is pleased to present the second release in the ”Australia’s Most Dangerous” series featuring the Great White Shark. These coins are created to the Mint’s highest standards with guaranteed metal content and quality.
The Great White Shark (Carcharodon Carcharias) is one of Australia’s most feared creatures, yet relatively little is known about them because of their elusive behaviour. Immortalised in cult classic, Jaws, the Great White Shark is the world’s largest known predatory fish and can grow up to six metres long. With up to 300 teeth across several rows and that replace themselves over the sharks lifespan, the Great White Shark tears its food into chunks before swallowing the pieces whole.
This apex predator is named after its white belly and features a grey upper body. Cruising at about 40 kilometres an hour, the Great White can propel itself up to 56 kilometres an hour in short bursts, such as when attacking its prey. They have been known to jump out of the water, breaching like a whale. While the predator has been found along Australia’s east, south and west coastlines, human interactions with the shark are relatively rare. With Great White Shark numbers thought to be decreasing, they are a protected species in Australia.
- Limited mintage of just 25,000 coins
- Second release in the Australia's Most Dangerous following on from the 2020 Redback Spider
- Reverse features an action shot of the Great White Shark as it leaps out of the water
- Obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth designed by Jody Clark
- Australian legal tender
- Struck in BU finish in 1oz of .999 fine silver
- Comes in a protective capsule in sealed rolls of 10 in boxes of 240
|Manufacturer||Royal Australian Mint|
|Series||Australia's Most Dangerous|
|Inner Packaging||Sealed Roll of 10|
|Outer Packaging||Box of 240|
|Box & Certificate||No|