2019 1 oz Great Britain Lunar Year of The Pig .999 Silver Coin BU
Subscribe to back in stock notificationSubscribe
The latest release in The Royal Mint's Shēngxiào Collection is the Lunar Year of the Pig 2019. Combining centuries of Chinese tradition with British minting craftsmanship, the collection celebrates the 12 animals of the Chinese zodiac, or Shēngxiào, and their distinctive characteristics and qualities.
Continuing the success of The Shēngxiào Collection, we are excited to reveal the sixth bullion coin in the series, featuring a design by artist Harry Brockway. The Lunar Year of the Pig is the twelfth and final sign of the Chinese zodiac, before it starts anew with the Year of the Rat in 2020, and people born under this sign are said to be loyal, generous and gentle.
The design perfectly captures the traits associated with people born in the Year of the Pig. The country house, with smoke coming from the warm fire, set beneath a drowsy night sky, suggests calmness. While the pig, with her children, symbolises family, loyalty and generosity.
The Shēngxiào Collection celebrates the link between the two cultures and the amalgamation of their different traditions, created with the unrivalled experience, heritage and craftsmanship of The Royal Mint.
This one ounce silver bullion coin presents a new investment opportunity in this range. The bullion coins of The Shēngxiào Collection are also available as a quarter-ounce gold edition and a one ounce silver edition.
- Struck in 999 fine silver
- Minted to bullion standard
- The sixth coin in the series, featuring a design by Harry Brockway
- The number eight, believed to be lucky in Chinese culture, is incorporated in each mintage figure
- A limited mintage of 138,888
- The coins are presented in capsules
- Features an obverse design by Royal Mint coin designer Jody Clark, creator of the latest definitive portrait of Her Majesty The Queen on UK coinage