For the first time in 2020, The South African Mint presents a new addition to the acclaimed Kruggerand series. Struck in .999 fine silver, the 2oz Silver Proof Krugerrand makes its debut with a limited mintage of 10,000.
- Comes in a display box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- First time in 2oz Silver Proof
- Mintage of 10,000 coins only.
- Obverse: Likeness of Paul Kruger, South Africa’s first and only president, along with “South Africa” in Afrikaans and English.
- Reverse: A Springbok antelope, the national animal of South Africa, along with the year of minting, face value and Silver weight.
- Minted at the South African Mint.
Struck for the first time on 3 July 1967, with the aim of marketing South African gold, this legend in the coin industry was conceived when the concept of a legal tender gold coin linked to the daily gold price was introduced in South Africa.
The effigy of Paul Kruger, the first President of the Zuid Afrikaansche Republiek (ZAR) is depicted on the obverse. The reverse was originally designed and engraved by the famous sculptor, Coert Steynberg, and features one of South Africa’s national animal, a Springbok.
The Silver 2 oz proof features unparalleled gloss that highlights the distinctive Krugerrand design, making it an irresistible addition to any collection. Each coin is hand positioned and pressed several times at a lower weight, allowing for immaculate transfer of detail and ensuring a truly beautiful gloss every time.
|生產商||South African Mint|