The Music Legends collection showcases iconic acts from the nation’s diverse musical past and present. The latest act to take centre stage is The Who, the explosive band who thrilled in the sixties and still rock stadiums today.
It’s not often that a band will span generations, but The Who, with their explosive performances, have been a part of Britain’ssoundtrack for more than 50 years.Together, groundbreaking lead guitarist PeteTownshend, microphone-twirling Roger Daltrey, John ‘The Ox’ Entwistle, and maverick drummer Keith Moon challenged genres, broke records and thrilled fans with their unique style.
Artist Henry Gray hasincluded some of the most iconic symbolsfrom the band’slive and loud performances in his design. AUnion flag, mod logo and speaker-smashing Rickenbacker guitar all feature in the form of a pinball table, which is a nod to Tommy, one of the band’s most famous creations.
The coin is available in a number of editions, including precious metal Proof editions alongside a standard Brilliant Uncirculated edition. Each coin is presented with packaging containing iconic images and content about the band’s story.
• The first time The Who have appeared on an official UK coin
• Celebrating one of the biggest bands in music history
• Features a dynamic design inspired by the band’srock and roll story
• A great piece of memorabilia for any fan
• Available in a number of editions that are available in limited numbers
|生產商||The Royal Mint|