During her first televised Christmas speech, Her Majesty The Queen pledged her heart and devotion to the people of Britain and the Commonwealth. She has been a reassuring presence through constant change and this is a promise she has kept with grace and good humour. As the world’s longest reigning living monarch, Her Majesty’s reign is one full of remarkable milestones, the latest of which will be her 95th birthday.
While this is a historic event, it is also a personal celebration. Therefore, The Royal Mint has struck a range of coins, featuring two new designs, for the occasion. All the 2021 UK coins in the collection bear the inscription ‘My Heart and My Devotion’, referencing the promise The Queen made in 1957 and has kept ever since.
The obverse of each coin also features the fifth coinage portrait of Her Majesty The Queen by Jody Clark.
The £5 coin features a reverse design created by heraldic artist Timothy Noad. In his design, symbols of the British nations are represented by a posy filled with thistles, daffodils, roses and shamrocks.
The design that features on the reverse of the five-ounce and kilo editions was created by designer and sculptor Gary Breeze. His richly symbolic ‘flourish’ design represents The Queen’s nine decades with nine roses, while 54 leaves signify the countries of the Commonwealth.
A limited number of Celebration Sovereigns struck on 21 April 2021, the date of Her Majesty’s 95th birthday, will also mark the occasion.
• Two new designs for a historic and royal moment
• The only official UK coins approved by royal proclamation for this occasion
• Celebrate the first British monarch to reach a 95th birthday
• The coins feature reverse designs by prestigious artists that have been created especially for this celebration
• The accompanying packaging explores some of the milestone moments in the life and reign of a remarkable monarch
|生產商||The Royal Mint|
|系列||The 95th Birthday of Her Majesty The Queen|