This 1 oz Fiji Dogs gold coin marks the beginning of a series of canine designs that emphasizes the individual character and traits of each breed; whether a playful family dog, a watchful watchdog or an eager hunting companion. An indispensable collector's item for animal lovers!
The reverse side depicts a dog leaping towards the viewer with its snout happily open and its tail raised. Front paws are crossed in the air while he pushes off with powerful hind legs ready for the next leap. The background is a mountain backdrop, the slopes of which rise steeply to the right. On the right side, on a hill in front of the mountains, a house nestles against the mountainside.
- First Gold format in this new series
- Limited mintage of just 250
- Fiji Legal Tender
- Comes in protective capsule
- Obverse: Depicts Fiji's Coat of Arms, the year, weight and legal tender denomination
- Reverse: Depicts a dog leaping in the field with a mountain backdrop