2020 1 oz Great Britain The Royal Arms .9999 Gold Coin
Subscribe to back in stock notificationSubscribe
The Royal Arms 2020 One Ounce Fine Gold Bullion Coin
The Royal Mint is excited to release a new bullion coin featuring the Royal Arms, an ancient symbol of power and authority. Its origins can be traced to Medieval battlefields, when heraldic symbols were flown on banners as a means to tell friend from foe. As the union between the four nations of the United Kingdom was forged, the arms of each country were assimilated to create the iteration we know today. First appearing on currency in the fourteenth century, its symbolism extends into many aspects of British life.
Invest in a Symbol of Royal Authority
Gold bullion has been chosen as an investment by individuals, governments and organisations for hundreds of years. It has long been regarded as a store of value and historically, unlike many other investments, it has maintained its worth through difficult market conditions. With gold more accessible than ever before, could now be the right time to diversify your investment portfolio? This one ounce gold bullion coin presents a new investment opportunity in this range and is also available in silver and platinum editions.
- The Royal Arms are the Arms of the monarch and identify the Head of State of the United Kingdom.
- Beneath the lion and unicorn is the motto of English monarchs – ‘Dieu et mon droit’ (‘God and my right’) – while the shield displays the motto of the Order of the Garter – ‘Honi soit qui mal y pense’ (‘shame upon him who thinks evil upon it’).
- A symbol of Her Majesty’s Government, The Royal Arms appears on all government communications and documents.
- The shield forms the centrepiece of the Royal Arms. England is represented by three lions, the lion rampant is for Scotland, and the harp is Ireland’s symbol.
- Struck in 999.9 fine gold reflected in the coin’s inscription.
• Struck in one ounce of 999.9 fine gold
• Finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
• Features a design by acclaimed Heraldic artist Timothy Noad
• Exempt from UK capital gains tax for UK residents
• Features an obverse design by iconic Royal Mint coin designer Jody Clark, creator of the latest definitive portrait of Her Majesty The Queen
• Features a secure radial line texture showcasing the majesty of the Royal Arms