2020 8.359 gram United States Basketball Hall of Fame 2020 .900 Gold Coin BU
The United States Mint has introduced a new coin series to celebrate the game and the 60th anniversary of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.
Features of the coin:
- Each coin contains 8.359 grams of .900 pure gold
- Coin's Obverse: The design portrays the intense, hands-on action of the game the constant struggle for possession of the ball, and the skill required to overcome the opponent and put the ball through the hoop.
- Coin's reverse: Depicts a basketball about to pass through a net, with the inscriptions “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “E PLURIBUS UNUM,” and “FIVE DOLLARS.”
- Coin's design: Features three different figures all reaching for the ball in unison, suggesting how the sport has brought together millions of diverse people around the world through a simple, universal, and unifying athletic experience. Their arms are intentionally elongated, just slightly, to emphasize the full exertion of physical and mental effort required to excel in the game. The rim and net are presented as subtle background elements to complement the primary figures. Inscriptions are “LIBERTY,” “IN GOD WE TRUST,” and “2020.”
- The coin is minted at the West Point Mint
- Each coin is accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
|Manufacturer||United States Mint|
|Mintage||50,000 ( Both BU and Proof)|
|Series||Basketball Hall of Fame|
|Box & Certificate||Yes|